Wednesday, January 6, 2010

3 A.M. is the new 1 A.M.

I can't believe how normal it is for me to be up at 3 A.M. now :(
Something's wrong with me. Most people sleep for 10 or 12 hours on average during break but I sleep from 4:00-11:00 (that's when my alarm goes off but sometimes [ok, most of the time] I dose until 12 or something). It's really gross and that's why I'm excited for school to start so that I can stop being so ridiculously gross.

Today as I walked by the Metro PCS store in Arden, I saw this huge sign that led me to the sweetest cell phone deal. For $30 a month, I get unlimited local and long distance AND unlimited texting (and international texting, which I find hilarious bc most people wouldn't use that). This made my day because my family had just been thinking of switching to a cheaper cell phone plan and I had been wanting a phone update (I hadn't gotten one since my first cell phone before 10th grade. My phone was wayyyyyy ancient XD). I have texting now. TEXTING. I never was able to get it before because I didn't want to waste money on something I didn't truly "need", but now it comes with the package!!

Here's the phone I got:


The person working at the metro pcs store was hilarious. She had just started working there and she had to keep calling her manager every five minutes to figure out what the heck she was doing, and the poor girl was the only person working for a while-- she was swamped by all the customers, loll.

Another thing I noticed at the store: I saw two families getting cell phones for their kids, and I swear these kids look no older than 10. It really bugs me when I see 10 year olds playing with cell phones.....geesh when you're 10 you're supposed to be playing tag outside, jump roping, or playing with 10 year old things, not cell phones!! -.- Ahh the social norms have changed. Quickly. Some changes are dumb, but some are awesome. For example, I will not be getting a cell phone bill mailed to me; instead I will pay them all online. This, I believe, is a policy that should apply everywhere. If all our bills were payed online we'd save so much on stupid stamps and envelops, and we wouldn't have to go out to mail the darn thing. Plus, collectively as a nation we'd save a SUBSTANTIAL amount of trees and there'd be some huge positive effect on the environment. I believe going green will be big in the near future. I really like the idea too. Poor Earth, please don't die!! I mean, just a few years ago, cell phones were bricks and most kids didn't spend all their time online. Then came flip phones and now smart phones. And what happened to buying VHS's? Now there's blue ray high def (or better yet, we just all stream it online), and just less than 10 years ago, it was normal to have computer monitors that looked like huge cubic shaped boxes (like my old one, HAHAHA). I think it's because of those that I always think the recent skinny desktop monitors are very visually appealing :D I'm pretty interested to see what types of crazy developments I'll see throughout my lifetime. But despite the new convinience and advances, I'll still value some of the irreplaceable old school features of the 90's. Kids these days don't get to watch the GOOD cartoons, like the original Pokemon, Toonami, Kids WB on Saturday Mornings (Jacky Chan Adventures, Batman, etc.), Boomerang, Cartoon Network's Cartoon Theatre, the Animaniacs. No wonder I was such a TV junkie as a kid, all the shows were so good xD, unlike the cartoons today

This is a terrible transition but I bought Quelf at Target!! I can't wait to make all my friends play it because it's ridiculous and hilarious. I also have been enjoying chocolate chip waffles and I've recently developed an obsession with CRAISINS (amazing dried cranberries). I never liked dried fruit before. Most of my friends know I'm really picky but really I've made some "outrageous" stepping outside of my comfort zone since going to college, LOL. I never used to eat apples without removing the peel, never ate wheat bread, and did not like carrots that weren't cooked. Now I eat the apple whole and I eat wheat bread as well as carrots raw :)

8 more days in Sacramento and then back to Berkeley it is. The next time I have a long break I'll make sure I sign up to do something productive so that I don't just fiddle around most of the time -_-


1 comment:

  1. that is a sexy phone yammy! its cool that u have a kick@$$ new plan!

    yeah, i agree that stuff has been totally warped since our time... its scary all the things elementary kids are getting now... and how they act too... the last time i visited my ex-elementary school, the kids swearing like sailors... im kinda scared how ppl are gonna turn out in the future...

    online bills does sound practical... only lame thing to worry about is identify theft and hacking -_-

    i miss 90s tv too! =( i practically have no reason to watch tv anymore

    bring quelf to cal!!!! =D

    ReplyDelete